Stockholm Bioinformatics Center, SBC
Lecture notes: Structural biochemistry and bioinformatics 2001
Lecture 12 Nov 2001,
Multiple sequence alignments
- Multiple sequence alignments: why?
- An example of a multiple alignment
- How to generate it?
- Algorithmic complexity
- A standard multiple alignment program: ClustalW
- Databases of multiple alignments; domains
Chapters in the course book ("Introduction to
bioinformatics", T K Attwood and D J Parry-Smith):
- Chapter 6, "Pairwise alignment techniques"
- Chapter 7, "Multiple sequence alignment"
- Chapter 8, "Secondary database searching"
Copyright © 2001
$Date: 2001/11/09 14:35:31 $