What is persistence?
- Data is persistent when stored on a permanent medium.
- Must survive program termination.
- Must survive computer shutdown.
- The data may be read by independently executing programs.
- The data may be added/updated by independently executing
programs; coordination required.
- Manydifferent kinds of technology
- Hard disks (most common today)
- Optical CD's
- Floppy disk
- Magnetic tape
- Other technologies exists and new will probably be invented.
© 2001 Per Kraulis
$Date: 2001/05/09 07:01:39 $