- Using a module in the language, a program can write out a
complete representation of some current data structure to a file.
- Using the same module, that file can be read by a program (same,
- Easy to use (in some cases).
- No need to fiddle with parsing; already implemented in the module.
- Directly available in Perl and Python (script languages).
- May be portable between machines.
- Can't be done easily in C, C++ (compiled languages).
- But: language-specific.
© 2001 Per Kraulis
$Date: 2001/05/09 11:00:46 $