A research programme:
Formalizing the description of biological processes
- Linear processes; development, cascades
- Circular (looping) processes (cell cycle, circadian rythm)
- Conditional processes, probabilities
- Relationship phenomenon vs. mechanism
- Sequential/parallel, synchronous/asynchronous
- Different levels of abstractions (macroscopic, molecular)
- Hierarchic descriptions natural to a biologist: cell cycle in
yeast vs. mammals
Databases for biological processes
Which phenomena occur when? Time-based or time-ordered data.
Longitudinal databases for biomolecules
Molecular biographies; "from gene activation to proteasome".
$Date: 2001/04/17 17:09:56 $