Bioinformatics à la Gnutella
A project to investigate data sharing through a mechanism inspired by
Gnutella, FreeNet, Napster: A decentralised, peer-to-peer system.
Examples of applications:
- Distributed annotation of data
- Small experimental communities for data modelling
- Sharing of data among collaborating groups
Specifications and protocols for:
- Many independent nodes (data sites)
- Search and download of datasets
- Non-anonymous, traceable, authorship
- Standard components: XML, SOAP, Corba...
$Date: 2001/04/17 16:28:19 $